Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Monday Yum!!!

~ TACO IN A BISCUIT~

Taco in a BiscuitTrav and Shayd love love loved this new recipe and ask me: can you make that Biscuit taco thing???? This is a Yum-o delish dinner that is so easy and inexpensive!!! I did take this recipe from the Pillsbury web site and then I tweaked it……I used the Wal-Mart brand of Buttermilk biscuit’s (the jumbo size) Store brand taco seasoning for my ground beef and also Store brand refried beans. For the side’s we had Wal-Mart brand Spanish rice and salad…All in all I spent a grand total of $7.00 for this Yum-o meal.

Recipe:

1/2 pound of ground beef

1 can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuit (jumbo)

½ can of refried beans1 pack of Taco seasoning

½ small Yellow Onion

1 cup of shredded cheese of your choice

Toppings of your choice…I used lettuce, tomato, and sour cream.

You will also need a large muffin pan

Preheat the oven to the designated temp the biscuit calls for, Brown your ground beef add chopped onion (if desired) with taco seasoning and cook as directed on seasoning packet set aside, Roll biscuit out and press into muffin tin, you will need to poke with a fork like you would a pie crust, place in oven for 5 min, take out of oven, fill each one with a spoon full of refried bean (straight from can) then fill the rest of the way with browned ground beef mixture. Return the muffin pan to the oven and continue to cook for about 10 more min or until edge of biscuit is golden brown remove and turn off oven sprinkle with cheese and place back in oven until cheese is melted….then tad ah…..put the fixings on and eat!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment