Friday, January 4, 2013

Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake...Update

I think I will change a little on this recipe... I heated up the leftover I put in the freezer and it was very oily... I think I will only use 1/2 cup of butter next time I make this... what do you think??? Yikes... so I started this blog and then felt dumb for doing it... but Im back!!!! Who cares if its dumb.. I like it! This recipe was a BIG hit! my Fam LOVED it! I got this from Pinterest and did not even think about taking some of my own photos...I put a little twist on the original recipe and the next time I make it we will try Polish Sausage MmmmmMMMmmmmM....here it is my revised recipe... Enjoy!!!! P.S. It made two pan and I put one in the freezer for later.. I will update if it warms up as good and tasty as the fresh one
Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake •16 oz. package uncooked rotini pasta (I dont think I will use the whole amount next batch) •1 cup Real Salted Butter •16 Fl oz (1pt) whipping cream ** •1 1/2 cups freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese ** •1/2 tsp salt (I use Corse Kosher) •pepper, if desired (I use Fresh Cracked Pepper) •2 cups cooked and diced chicken •1 can Hunt’s petite diced tomatoes, drained (I used Western Family petite Garlic w/Olive oil and did a little rinse) •3 green onions, chopped •1 cup shredded mozzarella I also added one box of Frozen Western Family Spinach (drain well) 1.In a large pot, cook the pasta according to package directions. 2.Meanwhile, in another sauce pan over medium-low heat, heat the butter and whipping cream until the butter is melted. be sure to sitr constantly. 3.Add the cheese, salt and pepper to the butter/cream mixture and stir until the cheese is melted, it will taste a little salty but no worries when added to the pasta it turns down the saltiness. 4.Drain the pasta and return to the same pot used to cook it. Toss the pasta with the cheese sauce. 5.Then fold in the chicken, drained tomatoes, and green onion. Pour pasta into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and top with shredded mozzarella (I also used some Parmesan). Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until bubbly and cheese has melted. Serves 8. ** Note: evaporated fat free milk and reduced fat Parmesan cheese can be used for a low fat version

No comments:

Post a Comment